Job Matching, Placements & Incentives
The Job Matching, Placement and Incentives program available at the Regional Employment Help Centre offers employers the opportunity to connect with and retain the right employees based on specific needs. The Regional Employment Help Centre assists employers with the following services:
- Create awareness of the Employer?s hiring needs by featuring job postings on the website and on the job boards located in the Resource Centres of?all three offices
- Candidate pre-screening services
- Recruitment consultation
- Customer employment preparation
- Facilities available for job fairs and interviewing
- Apprenticeship coordination
- On-the-job training placement incentives
The Job Matching program bridges the gap between the employer and job seeker. An Employment Services Coordinator will help an employer identify their human resource skill requirements of a position and match the position/workplace needs to a qualified job seeker?s skills, interests, and capabilities. Based on the needs of the workplace, an Employment Service Coordinator can develop an on-the-job training plan and assist in building a successful working relationship.
To participate in a work placement, employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Provide employment in Ontario
- Have appropriate workplace safety and insurance coverage and adequate third party general liability insurance coverage
Employers may be eligible to receive financial incentives that support on-the-job training and work experience opportunities for participants. Incentive levels do vary and are based on the skill level and length of training required. Incentives for sponsored apprenticeship opportunities are also available to employers. An Employment Service Coordinator will guide you through the process of accessing available funding in programs such as the Ontario Job Creation Partnership and the various Youth Job Strategy Programs To learn more about these services, contact our office today.