Website Michipicoten Development Limited Partnership
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
MICHIPICOTEN DEVELOPMENT LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
(Internal/External Posting – Mar 14, 2023)
Michipicoten First Nation (MFN) is a vibrant Anishinaabe community located on the white sands (northeast shores) of Lake Superior near Wawa Ontario. The registered population is approximately 1,275 with 70 citizens living on reserve. With a strong sense of community and cultural identity, Michipicoten First Nation strives to maintain harmony and balance with Mother Earth, neighbouring First Nations, and surrounding communities. The Michipicoten Development Limited Partnership (MDLP) was established to pursue economic opportunities the community and operates under a board of directors.
The Michipicoten Development Limited Partnership is seeking an Economic Development Coordinator to provide support to Michipicoten’s Economic Development Team and help identify new or emerging areas of economic opportunity. Reporting to the Directors of the MDLP, the Economic Development Coordinator will help to broaden Michipicoten’s economic base by planning, developing, and implementing new economic opportunities in collaboration with government, private industry, municipalities, and First Nations. This is a full-time, temporary contract position. Remote work is an option.
- Participate in planning meetings
- Research funding opportunities to support initiatives
- Complete and monitor grant/funding applications
- Develop short-term and long-term economic strategies and business plans by collecting, organizing, and analyzing relevant data.
- Act as liaison with public agencies, business partners, and other stakeholders regarding economic opportunities, and provide briefing notes of such activities
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with relevant bodies such as local businesses, community partners, provincial and federal agencies
- Manage budget
- Provide general bookkeeping including invoicing, A/P and A/R.
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an economic development/ business role.
- Knowledge of First Nations governance, community relations, culture, and ways of life.
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal funding agency policies, acts, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record building, developing, and coordinating successful projects
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, various software, and internet
- Valid license and access to vehicle (some travel required)
Job type: Full-time, 1-year contract
Wage Range: $23.50 – $25.50 per hour
Interested persons may submit their cover letter & resume as one document by email to Lisa Belanger email@example.com Please include the job title in the email subject line. This posting will be active until filled.
Michipicoten First Nation is dedicated to promoting equity and diversity and serving the interests of their citizens. The successful candidate will be primarily engaged in serving the interests of Michipicoten citizens and will give preference to citizens and Indigenous candidates who possess the necessary qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org