Website March of Dimes
Personal Care Attendant – Part Time
Link to Apply: Apply Here
or email: email@example.com
No Certification Required – Full Paid Training Provided
Looking for steady, meaningful work?
Join our Community Support Services team at March of Dimes Canada. Provide daily care and support to people with disabilities and seniors in your community.
Many people need help to live in their homes – help with getting up in the morning, transferring from the bed to a chair, bathing, toileting, eating, dressing. That’s where you come in. As a member of our Community Support Services team, you will provide care and connection to people with disabilities and seniors in their individual or shared-living homes.
Because of you, people in your community will live a better quality life, with dignity. It’s a job to be proud of.
Why join March of Dimes Canada?
- Deeply satisfying work
- Steady employment with one of the most respected agencies in Canada
- Full-time and part-time jobs
- A stable and supportive team of proud workers, many who have been with us for years
- Successful employee training program
- Competitive benefits package (including health and dental benefits for part-time staff after one year of employment and who work a minimum number of hours)
- Pension plan (optional for part-time staff who work a minimum number of hours)
- Paid sick time
- Vacation time (vacation pay for part-time staff, including the option to bank time for a one-time payout)
- Best practices protecting health and safety
- Excellent safety record with COVID-19
- Scheduling allows for work/life balance
- Culturally diverse workplace
Who is March of Dimes Canada?
From our humble beginnings in 1951 as a group of mothers going door-to-door collecting dimes in support of polio research, March of Dimes Canada has grown into a national, multi-service not-for-profit organization. We work for people with disabilities and seniors, helping them with daily living, rehabilitation and employment.
What does the Community Support Services team do?
Our Community Support Services team, which is primarily funded by governments, provides essential services that enable people to live as independently as possible. Whether the disability is physical, cognitive or the result of brain injury or aging, our team of 1,600 employees assists people in their homes and communities, helping them gain a greater level of functioning and connection with others. Over the past year, the number of people we serve rose to more than 6,100 people.
We are currently looking to fill Part Time Personal Care Attendant roles known internally as Support Service Attendants.
Starting wage is $17.96. This position is eligible for the $3.00 per hour temporary wage enhancement from the Ontario government for hours spent directly supporting clients.
Duties include the following:
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour attendant care to its clients. Support Services Attendants work a variety of shifts (i.e., weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays) that vary between locations.
Background / Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain
- Experience working with individuals with physical disabilities, older adults, or as an informal caregiver considered an asset but not required
- Good interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible. We welcome applications from qualified individuals that reflect the abilities and diversity of the populations we serve. March of Dimes Canada will proactively provide accessibility solutions to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit marchofdimes.ca.